Sunday 8 April 2012

Hub Thefts and a New Layout

Stealing Hubs

There is a Buzz amongst the Authors at Hubpages this week, Hubs are being copied and pasted onto another website, which I will not name here, why advertise theft?
In my experience at Hubpages this has happened before on a few occasions and it will all blow over, it may take a week or 2 but if Hubbers keep filing DMCA complaints against the site and against the site hosts the site will cease to exist, it may not be soon enough for some but it will happen.

New Hub Layout

Hubpages have rolled out a new Hub layout, a big change to the way hubs look and I for one think it is an utter shambles, Fashion and beauty Hubs were the first to be changed to the new format and it makes me wonder what in the hell the Hubstaff were smoking when they decided that it would be a good idea to plaster the bottom of the Hubs with Hundreds of pictures of so called related Hubs, I want to help other Hubbers as much as I can but at what cost to me?, with all of those links to choose from and even more related Hub links at the right hand side of the Hub the ads on my Hubs have very little chance of getting clicked on. Come on Hubpages I am losing visitors and money already don't make me bankrupt.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Jimmie! The lack of support for resolving the massive theft of our work PLUS that new "upgraded" layout makes me also wonder what the folks at HP HQ are smoking.

    SO FAR, none of my hubs have been "upgraded", but for several months now I've been wanting to write a "fluff hub" about my experiences as a stripper (books, magazines and furniture, NOT clothing!), and this seems like the perfect time to do so, don't you think? Imagine the "related" hubs they'd put at the bottom of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol sounds like a good idea to me.....jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings:
    spotted your Hubzz while scouting Hubpages. Your Great War piece caught my eye. Tad before MY time - despite appearances - but do recall hearing stories of Zeppelin's wafting across London at family reunions (during that brief period when they were civil and still talking to each other),
    Is "HUB" still viable...or is your rebellion in opting to open your own ( with an assist from Blogger for "free") website an attempt to get ahead of the corporate curve?
    I'm NOT expecting it to keep me in caviar - or CHIPS - income-wise, bit look upon it as a viable "c'mon, teaser" source to get reader's interest - short of using a 2x4 plank - and encourage them to MY website (still aborning).
    FYI, my "phasing out" blog is at http://jackowensdogwatchyarns.blogspot.com/ . I plan to re-launch in a different format, and server, and OWN the site together with content.
    BTW, what were you doing in "real life" before the axe fell?

    ReplyDelete