Thursday 5 April 2012

JimmytheJock

If you know about Hubpages then you will probably know me from the site, I write under the name Jimmythejock and I have been writing on Hubpages for over 5 years now.
I did keep a blog in my first couple of years on Hubpages but because of work commitments and additions to my family, I let it go by the wayside and slide into the internet archives.
I am now working as a writer full time, forced into it in December 2011 when I was made unemployed.
Don't get me wrong, I started writing as a hobby 5 years ago not even thinking that I would make any money for my efforts but after a few months writing on Hubpages, to my surprise, I started to see real money going into my account.

I have started this Blog today, which I have called the Unofficial Hubpages Blog, To offer advice and help to New writers on Hubpages, to highlight some fantastic writing by fellow authors on Hubpages in a section which will be called featured Hubber of the week,  I plan to add a lot more to this blog which hopefully you will have as much fun reading as I do writing it.

If you are a Hubpages Author feel free to shoot me an email if you have any Hubpages questions you would like answered here or if you would like to be one of the featured Hubbers of the week.....Jimmy

2 comments:

  1. Hello my 'old' friend. I was writing under Hello,hello, and it is nice to hear from you again. I had, all over sudden, a lot trouble from HP staff and wondered what was going on. At first every hub was rejected. When asked by email never received an answer. Somebody suggested to go on the forum. I did and oh boy all hell broke lose. First I received an email saying my grammar which I accepted. Then so many of my friends offer help to clear up my hubs. They started and every time it was rejected again. When I asked why I was banned and all my 411 hubs were unpublished. Again I asked why on which I received an email stating I violated their rules.?????? After that I never received an answer. Anyway thank you for adding me to your list. That what hurt most that I had so many great friends and they destroyed it all. I was out before this change-over happened but the first time I've heard of it was from 'darkside' who is a great writer and he complained about it. I don't they change their mind and think this is a great idea you had here and could grow into something quite big. I wish you success. I will support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your hubs. I have learned a lot. I have only been writing on hub pages for a few months. I had no idea about the writing more than one hub on a particular subject..thanks for making me aware of that. I have not even been approved for adsense yet, actually I have been denied twice already. So making money for me is not yet lol. I am very interested in learning how to write to make money so if you have any advice for me I would appreciate it very much. I would love to take my passion of writing to another level. Also, I would love to learn how to start a blog. The ins and out of blogging to make money!!!

    ReplyDelete